
Yes! It is Thursday..it was awesome here today! low 70s and sunny, can't beat that! I am ready for the warmer weather. The problem is that my brain tends to go to "autopilot" and I zone out. I did accomplish some things though...searched for a roommate, checked the upcoming weather, read TMZ, checked myspace (you know, all of the really important items of the day). Oh, and how could I forget, I found some classic SNL skits with Will Ferrell and Justin Timberlake on youtube! There weren't any arguments from Boat man nor Pirogi gal so that was nice. There was the usual..lots of shuffling of paper, music and our popcorn break at 4! Tomorrow should be a cake walk..just waiting to hear that I have clear-to-close on another loan. That would be sweet and a great way to end the week!
When I came home, I fed Mick. He was jazzed as usual and goes sliding all over the hardwood. He followed me outback to tackle my next project... the jungle out back otherwise known as my "yard". I use that term loosely!! It is about 30 x 25 maybe slightly bigger. Oh and wherever Mick has peed, it is about 9" tall..the rest is a yellowish white and normal height. I am also failing to mention that I have NEVER mowed my grass before! Had a crappy push mower that does nothing more than cause severe bouts of anguish and disgust. My dad gave me this mower last October..the last time the yard was mowed. It took about 6-7 tries, some cussing and sideways looks to realize that I didn't have a clue of what I was doing. At that point, I called my main squeeze (who I am in a "situation" with) and started to explain my frustration. After 5 minutes, I had that puppy rolling! The first 2 passes went well then it stopped! I kept restarting it and moving forward 2 feet then it would stop again. After doing this 6 more times, I was done! The grass, I've determined, was too high and too wet to continue. My jungle now looks even more ridiculous then when I started. Oh well, life isn't fair...
No comments:
Post a Comment