Ah, coworkers!! They can truly drive you to drink, shed tears and crack up in side splitting laughter! I feel like our office is a much smaller version of "The Office"! The names have of course been changed to protect the innocent!
Not much here is ever PC, we have a good time and we also fight like brothers and sisters!! This sometimes happens 4-5 times/day! Boat man (mid50 something, bald, divorced with inappropriate humor), Buffalo Bill (mid30 something, married with kids, from NY, can talk for days and days), Pirogi gal (late40 something, feisty, quick to snap and slow to stop with solitaire) and myself, Sharkgirl (30 something, quick witted, & quick tempered).
Each day is totally different here. We can go from a relatively productive morning to listening to 70s hair bands on SIRIUS radio to watching "Ellen" and "Oprah" for mental breaks!
Earlier, Boat man & Pirogi gal were at each other's throats..he was accusing her of not doing what "she was told" and she was accusing him of "being a complete dumb ass"! I tend to just let it float over my head initially then I try to find my "safe place" and block as much of the chaos out as I can.
It is after 5 and I am now trying to muster up enough energy to call some people and convince them that I can give them a lower rate on their mortgage, pay off all the debt...you get the picture. My eyes are burning and my head is spinning. I could have blamed it on a medicine-induced fog a few days ago but not now, I haven't taken any Nyquil since Sunday night...
I am day dreaming of what in the HELL I can mix together and call "dinner". You see, I live like a bachelor (although I have no beer lights nor pool table). My fridge consists of: salsa, half a jar of capers, coffee creamer, stale tortilla shells and miscellaneous salad dressings, hot sauces and various states of margarine.
I have an awesome dog who we will call Mick, he is 7 and a boxer/lab mix. I feel like I neglect him when I am away from home for 10-12hours/day. He follows me all over the house when I get home as to say "you're home and I will not let you forget about me". He makes me wonder why I didn't get a dog a long time ago! Maybe if I am reincarnated someday, I will comeback as a dog in a very NICE, SPOILED home! Ah, that would be the life! :)
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment