Sunday, June 22, 2008

** Thar She Blows!

haha, gotcha. please get your head out of the gutter now! i am talking about my fridge! apparently at some point yesterday, the water line that runs from the back of the ice maker down through the floor and into the basement broke and was leaking everywhere!! ugh

the ironic thing about this is that my roommate "Richmond" stayed in town this weekend because his girlfriend came for a visit. if he had been in home in VA, I more than likely wouldn't of discovered the FLOOD downstairs until this am when I typically do laundry!! he called to tell me this at 10pm last night when I was at "OC girl's" 30th b-day party (i will upload some pics soon)! right before my almost "american idol-like" rendition of pat benatar's "hit me with your best shot"! I was in no shape to discuss leaks/floods then...I did stay about another 45 minutes after that though..

it wasn't too bad, however, the water did leak for a good 6" onto the carpeted area and I now have 2 fans blowing on HIGH to get it dry as quickly as possible. I will need to replace the water line so for now, we have an "ice ban" here at casa de sharkgirl!

"OC girl's" party was a good time. I got there around 830 and stayed until a little after 11...it was a long day of lifting and sweating from the move and I was tired...most people had been there earlier but there were still a good 25 people when I arrived. she was feeling no pain and neither was her husband of 9 months! thank goodness they were sleeping there too. karaoke was in full effect and that seemed to get everyone up on their feet..well, kind of. some were swaying a little more than normal!

today has been a day of typical domestic sunday stuff. laundry, vacuuming, gave mick a bath (used my special hair-straightening shampoo since I ran out of his "coco bongo"), some light dusting, took him out for a run, etc.

No comments: